Monday, June 8, 2009

Ode To My Maddening Love. (my attempt @ a Shakespearen-type monologue)

Undeniably tangled in a web of you, my heart searches for an escape as often as it searches for ways to stay entwined forever. My words spill out in careless phrases, seemingly unaware and unattached to the preciseness of my intentions. I am at times a bemused mute and at others an unstoppable, loquacious monster. There is nothing normal in my behavior because nothing has stumped me so wholly in my life as my feelings for you. You drive me mad. That is certain. No truer words have ever left my lips. There is something about your manner, about the way you selfishly move about this world that makes me want to turn away and run. Yet, in my visions of you and I, I’m right there beside you, moving about quite happily to that same beat. I am certain you drive me mad, yet I am not certain I want that madness to cease. I suppose it is an age-old story, that of lovers driven to one another by the characteristics that drive them mad. Needing, wanting that wonderful confusion forevermore. But, here I am, having never experienced such a frustrating feeling before in my life, wanting to run, scream and make love all at the same time. Fire. That’s more what I am certain of than your absolute insanity, though the latter I still debate hourly. Your fire, your strangeness is what glues me to you in so many ways. There’s nothing normal about what you do; the drama, the way you ignore me every moment until it pleases you, the way you look at me with those chestnut eyes to reassure my wretched heart that you still care. What is it you want, to drive me mad forever and ever? Please, do! I beg of you. Drive me mad forever. Drive me mad so that my hair turns grey and falls to the ground in frustration. Drive me mad every day in a different way so that I know I am here, alive, with you. Life before you, my maddening love, was trite. With you, life has become a hell-raising, hair-pulling, heart-racing experience and I wouldn’t ever want to live another day without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment