Sunday, February 15, 2009

How Many Frogs Do I Have To Kiss?

Blue eyes, green eyes, brown eyes and gray

Which one should I kiss today?

Tall, short, or somewhere in between

I’d kiss you all, but what does that mean?

Floozy, hussy, old maid and slut

Would be whispered in conversation as I strut.

Indecisive and tired is how I’d describe

This age-old diatribe:

“One day a prince will come to sweep you away!”

But will it really happen that way?

Waiting and hoping for him to come

Usually just make me feel desperate and dumb.

Traveling, working and vacationing worldwide

You’d think all that banter would just subside.

Yet, more than anything, I want to fall

For some Casanova who’s got it all:

Great job, good car, a house and a dog

Who’d kiss my feet even if I turned into a fat hog.

Cinderella and Bridget Jones both figured it out,

So I suppose I shouldn’t fret or doubt.

One day my prince will come, all gallant and strong

And I’ll just say, “What took you so long?”

No comments:

Post a Comment