Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bleed My Stone

The sincerity of your words seems unfounded

This love you’ve conjured for me created amidst the heartache of blandness

Floats as a cloud above both our heads like a cloud of doom...or impending sunshine.

How can the nothing that was have created a something so miserable to miss?

I play the part of a girl in love;

A girl whose heart was stolen from her unwilling, caged chest.

Walking was a fumbling, trepidacious experience;

Now I float on air.

The tides will turn.

I know this to be true.

The feelings of excitement and comfort aren’t steady.

There’s an unease with knowing it’s too good to be true.

A catch.

Perhaps you’re a slob.

Perhaps you clip your toenails on the front stoop.

Maybe you even, god forbid, replace the toilet paper in the wrong direction.

I want to savor the perfect reflection.

I need to keep the pristine view within reach.

The comfort of knowing the truth brings us closer to an end I fear we will face.

Isn’t there a way to covet all the perfection?

To hide my own imperfections, to be exact?

Front to cover and back again.

That’s how you want to know me.

Know everything about me.

The good, the bad, the ugly, the ridiculous, the deal breakers

Why?

Why can’t we sit still and indulge the perfection of the moment when we’re still enamored of the everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment